Testing, Development & Deployment
- Browse to http://[your_web_server].ucsd.edu/[your_secure_directory] and you should be directed to the test idP. After selecting a pre-defined account to authenticate as, you should be redirected back to the protected directory.
- Create and execute a script within the secure directory to output all HTTP header variables to confirm your attribute mapping.
- "Shibbolize" your application. Please refer to the page located at https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPEnableApplication for more information.
- Follow the instructions below for registration and deployment.
Once the Service Provider has been thoroughly tested, it will need to be reconfigured and registered to utilize our production Identity Provider. Please follow these steps:
- Request registration using this form or email email@example.com (be sure to include two support contacts along with the URL for the application).
- Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
- Follow the instructions below to reconfigure your service provider for the production IdP.
Locate the following line in shibboleth2.xml:
<SessionInitiator type="Chaining" Location="/Login" isDefault="true" id="Intranet" entityID="https://a4.ucsd.edu/shibboleth">
Also, comment out the line referencing the test-idp-metadata.xml file in your shibboleth2.xml file:
<MetadataProvider type="XML" file="test-idp-metadata.xml"/>
These changes will not work until your SP has been successfully registered.